The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. For those who are interested, there is a teaching CD for Designer Genes and Heredity available in the Science Olympiad Store.
Resources & Links
- 2013 Training Power Point - NEW!
- 2013 Training Handout - NEW!
- 2013 Event Supervisor Guide - NEW!
- University of Utah Learn Genetics Site
- DNA From the Beginning - Classic Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Genetic Organization and Control
- DNA Learning Center
- Genome Research Institute
- Online Genetics Book
- Online Bio Book
- Bio Web
- Online Textbook of Natural History - Bio 100
- National Center for Biotechnology Info
- DNA and Gene Expression
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Genetic Science Learning Center
- Human Genome Project Center
- Quantitative Genetics Resources
- Genetics Lesson Plans
- Genome.gov Education Page
- Genetic Origins - Mitochondrial Control Region
- NIH Curriculum Series
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science
- National Health Museum Site
- Basic Population Genetics
- Human Genetics