Texas Instruments Workshops for Teachers
Any Science Olympiad coach looking to bring hands-on excitement to the classroom should consider attending Texas Instruments' workshops and professional development opportunities. Teachers can also utilize vast online resource libraries for excellent in-class labs in all science and math topics. Plan ahead and reserve classroom sets of Texas Instruments equipment free for two weeks via the Educator Loan program -- it's easy and can be done completely online. Science Olympiad has a special agreement with TI to allow our Tournament Directors to use the Educator Loan program for Science Olympiad tournaments, so don't forget to take advantage of that incredible service! For Division C event prep, see our Technical Problem Solving page.
Science Olympiad + Texas Instruments Workshops: (see our Workshops link for more!)
- NEW! Texas Instruments webinar for Technical Problem Solving #2, 2/18/14 8pm, Register FREE today!
- Texas Instruments Webinar for Science Olympiad Events including Technical Problem Solving - Online, Free! - Divisions B & C, October 20, 2013, 11am CST (given by Mike Smith, Science Olympiad National Event Supervisor and Texas Instruments Instructor) - Archived HERE, watch now!
- Texas Instruments/Science Olympiad Workshop - September 20, 2013, Sunbury, OH - Integrating technology, data collection and math through hands-on Science Olympiad activities
- Science Olympiad Summer Institute - July 15-19, 2013, Phoenix, AZ - Sessions on Technical Problem Solving and tech solutions for other new Science Olympiad events
- TI-Nspire Summer Workshop - July 24-26, 2012, Sunbury, OH - Getting started with the TI-Nspire in high school science and math
- Science Olympiad Summer Institute - July 16-20, 2012, Phoenix, AZ - Sessions on Technical Problem Solving and tech solutions for other new Science Olympiad events
- Texas Instruments International Conference - March 2-4, 2012, Chicago, IL
- TI Sesson - Friday, March 2, 2012, Chicago, IL - 2:30 to 4:00pm - Science Olympiad presentation by Mike Smith on Technical Problem Solving, Keep the Heat, Forensics, Chemistry Lab using the TI-Nspire
- Teachers Teaching with Technology Workshop - December 2-3, 2011, Pacific Grove, CA
- Great Lakes Coaches Clinic - November 4-5, 2011, Western Springs, IL (for Science Olympiad Coaches)
- Midwest Coaching Academy - October 21-22, 2011, Centerville, OH (for Science Olympiad Coaches)
Each fall, representatives from Texas Instruments present cutting-edge educational technology seminars at Science Olympiad workshops in states such as Michigan, Illinois and Ohio, and in the spring, bring hands-on technology to Chicago Public Schools teachers and students at annual Science Olympiad Urban Schools Initiative Build It Learn It Days. For the past seven years, Science Olympiad has worked with science education specialists from TI to incorporate hands-on calculator, sensor and probe use in events like Bio-Process Lab, Chem Lab, Technical Problem Solving, Microbe Mission, Physical Science Lab and Forensics. Check your state website for a complete list of upcoming workshop dates!