Crave The Wave
Welcome to Crave the Wave! In this event competitors must demonstrate knowledge and process skills needed to solve problems and answer questions regarding all types of waves and wave motion.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
Resources & Links
- The Physics Classroom: Waves
- Introduction to waves
- Khan Academy - Introduction to Waves
- Khan Academy - Oscillations and mechanical waves
- Properties of waves
- oPhysics interactive simulations
- Williams waves demonstrations
- Light and Matter online physics textbook
Practice Problems & Tests
- 2022 info coming soon!
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Crave the Wave Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual - Updated for 2022 with new information concerning COVID-19 precautions, running the event in Satellite and mini SO tournament formats, and more tips on the event!