The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Gold medal winners at the 2019 National Tournament in Division C will receive an expenses-paid trip to the Centers for Disease Control HQ in Atlanta! Educators - find out how to become a Science Ambassador.
- Division C teams competing in the Disease Detectives event at the 2019 National Tournament are encouraged to review the CDC Lesson Plan "Have You "Herd"? Modeling Influenza's Spread" on the CDC website.
- Disease Detectives CD
- Biology & Earth Science CD (containing DD info)
- Science Olympiad Digital Test Packets (PDF Downloads)
- CDC Science Olympiad page
- 2019 Overview
- 2019 Sample Test - NEW!
- 2019 Handouts
- 2019 Power Point - NEW!
- 2019 Internet Resources
- Event Supervisor Tips - SO Website Section - A Must-Read before running the event!
- Food-Borne Illness Chart from the FDA
Links from the CDC
- CDC Principles of Public Health Online Textbook
- World Health Organization 2nd Edition Online Textbook - Basic Epidemiology
- CDC Solve the Outbreak (iPad only) App - FREE!
- CDC Website on Environmental Health
- Disease Detectives Event Info
- Teacher Resource Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly
- NCEH Kids Page - Virus Encounters
- Science Ambassador Program - Lesson Plans and more
General Disease Detectives Links
- Principles of Epidemiology (CDC Online introduction to epidemiology textbook)
- Epiville (Outbreak Simulation Columbia University)
- Montclair State University - Middle School Epidemiology Curriculum
- The College Board Young Epidemiology Scholars (YES) Program
- John Snow - UCLA site
- University of Pittsburgh Epidemiology Super course Website
- Population Growth Concerns
- Ecology of Increasing Disease
- Outbreak at Watershed (Online Game)
- Science Mystery (Online Game)
- Handbook of Biological Statistics
- Epidemiology and Biological Statistics
- Handbook of Biological Statistics - Chart
- Measures in Epidemiology Paper from the College Board & YES
- Statistics Symbols
- Statistics Glossary
- Intro to Biostatistics Lecture Notes
- MedPage Today Guide
- Tufts Open Courseware on Biostatistics
- Tufts Epidemiology Board Review