Welcome to Dynamic Planet! In this event, students will use process skills to complete tasks related to Earth’s fresh waters.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE).
Resources & Links
- NOAA Resource Collection for Freshwater Hydrology
Science Olympiad Store Materials
- Dynamic Planet Starter Pack - New for 2022!
- Earth Sciences Starter Stack - All the 2022 Earth Science Events!
- 2022 National Test Packet
- 2021 National Test Packet
- 2020 National Test Packet
- 2019 National Test Packet
- 2018 National Test Packet
Practice Problems & Tests
- Practice Test - 2021 UT Austin Invitational
- Practice Test - 2021 Troy High School Invitational
- Practice Test - 2021 BirdSO Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 National Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 UChicago Invitational
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Dynamic Planet Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!