Welcome to Dynamic Planet! In this event, students will use process skills to complete tasks related to Earth’s fresh waters.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE).
RESOURCES & LINKS
- NOAA Resource Collection for Freshwater Hydrology
Science Olympiad Store Materials
- Dynamic Planet Starter Pack - New for 2022!
- Earth Sciences Starter Stack - All the 2022 Earth Science Events!
PRACTICE PROBLEMS & TESTS
2022 info coming soon!
EVENT SUPERVISOR RESOURCES
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Dynamic Planet Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual - Updated for 2022 with new information concerning COVID-19 precautions, running the event in Satellite and mini SO tournament formats, and more tips on the event!
- NOAA - Student Opportunities
- CareerOneStop - Hydrologists Career Video
- STEMConnector - Saving the Planet is STEM (e-book)
- STEM Session on Weather