The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
- Practice Test and Answer Key from 2009 Science Olympiad National Tournament (PDF)
- Sample Test from 2008 Tournament (PDF)
- Tips on Data Collection (PDF) - an excellent overview of the use of several data collection devices from Texas Instruments including sensors and probes; stations at tournaments may incorporate these devices
Use these links to prepare for Environmental Chemistry.
- Teaching Guide Activity - PDF
- Acid Rain Study
- Grow A Tomato Plant
- How to Read A Fertilizer Label
- Testing and Improving Your Soil
- Soil Testers
- Agro Services International Inc.
- Texas Instruments Activities