Welcome to Experimental Design! This event will determine the participant’s ability to design, conduct, and report the findings of an experiment entirely on-site.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
RESOURCES & LINKS
- The Basics of Experimental Design Powerpoint (Click here for Spanish)
- 2022 Experimental Design Checklist for Division C (Uploaded - 11/17/21)
- 2022 Experimental Design Division C Student Report Form (Uploaded - 11/17/21)
- Experimental Design Scoring Explanation
- Using Claim/Evidence/Reasoning in Scientific Communication
Science Olympiad Store Materials
- Experimental Design CD
- 2022 National Test Packet
- 2021 National Test Packet
- 2020 National Test Packet
- 2019 National Test Packet
- 2018 National Test Packet
PRACTICE PROBLEMS & TESTS
EVENT SUPERVISOR RESOURCES
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Experimental Design Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- 2020 Experimental Design Checklist for Division C
- 2020 Experimental Design Reporting Packetfor Division C
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!