Welcome to Fermi Questions! In this event, teams provide answers to a series of “Fermi Questions”; science related questions that seek fast, rough estimates of a quantity, which is either difficult or impossible to measure directly.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2023 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by Ward's Science.
RESOURCES & LINKS
SO STORE MATERIALS
- New! 2023 Fermi Questions Starter Pack
- 2020 National Test Packet - National Test from last time event was in rotation!
- 2019 National Test Packet
PRACTICE PROBLEMS & TESTS
- Coming soon!
EVENT SUPERVISOR RESOURCES
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Fast Facts Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- 2023 Score sheet and and team checklist
- Event Logistics Manual (Updated 10/25/22 to fix an error with Can't Judge a Powder)