The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. For those who are interested, Audubon Tree guides and the Bio/Earth Science CD are available in the Science Olympiad Store.
Resources and Links
- Official 2013 Tree List (PDF)
- 2013 Training Power Point - NEW!
- 2013 Training Handout - NEW!
- 2013 Event Supervisor Guide - NEW!
- Sample Test from Test Packet 2012 (PDF)
- Sample Test Answer Key from Test Packet 2012 (PDF)
- Official 2012 Tree List (PDF)
- 2012 Training Handout (Word)
- 2012 Event Supervisor Guide (Word)
- 2012 Training Power Point (PPT)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology Fax Sheets and Photos of Species - Tree shape, leaf, flower, twig, bark, fruit and fact sheets and photos:
- Gymnosperm Families
- Angiosperm Families
Tree Identification Sites
- National Arbor Day Foundation Guides
- Department of Natural Resouces Dichotomous Tree Key
- Leaf Tree ID Keys
- Iowa State Interactive Tree Key
- Virginia Tech Dichotomous Keys
- Tree ID and Tree Leaf Keys
- Tree Key for Simple Leaf Trees
- Tree ID Key
- Ohio Public Library - What Tree Is It?
- Upper Peninsula Tree ID Key
- How to Identify Trees
- Tree Identification Links
- Forest Biology Online Textbook
- National Arbor Day Foundation Western Tree List
- National Arbor Day Foundation Midwestern and Eastern Tree List
Tree Identification Keys