Welcome to Geologic Mapping! In this event, teams will demonstrate understanding in the construction and use of topographic maps, geologic maps, and cross sections, and their use in forming interpretations regarding subsurface structures and past depositional environments on Earth and other planetary bodies.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2024 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
Resources & Links
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD STORE MATERIALS
PRACTICE PROBLEMS & TESTS
- Practice Test - 2021 MIT Invitational
- Practice Test - 2021 UT Austin Invitational
- Practice Test - 2020 MIT Invitational
- Practice Test - 2020 UT Austin Invitational
- Practice Test - 2019 Princeton Invitational
- Practice Test - 2019 MIT Invitational
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Geologic Mapping Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual