Welcome to Green Generation! In this event, students will demonstrate an understanding of general ecological principles, the history and consequences of human impact on our environment, solutions to reversing trends and sustainability concepts.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by Corteva Agriscience.
Resources & Links
- 2022 Green Generation Overview Slides - Posted 12/06/21
- 2022 Green Generation Part I - General Principles of Ecology Notes - Posted 12/06/21
- 2022 Green Generation Part II - Problems from Human Impact Notes - Posted 12/06/21
- 2022 Green Generation Part III - Solutions to Human Impact Notes - Posted 12/06/21
- Sustainability Lecture Notes
- The Habitable Planet online textbook
- World Bank data bank
- Holy Cross Environmental data sets
Science Olympiad Store Materials
Practice Problems & Tests
- 2022 Sample Test - Rules Committee
- Practice Test - 2021 UT Austin Invitational
- Practice Test - 2021 Troy High School Invitational
- Practice Test - 2021 BirdSO Invitational
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Green Generation Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!
- 2022 Event Supervisor Notes