Science Olympiad has a variety of policies that apply to the national organization as well as its 50 state chapters. The following policies will help students, parents, coaches and supervisors understand how Science Olympiad works:
- Code of Ethics and General Rules
- Team Qualification - for public, private, charter, cyber and home schools
- Scoring Guidelines
- Small Schools
- All-Star Teams
- Copyrights and Use
- Building and Tools Policy for Constructed Devices
- Eye Protection (Goggles and Safety)
- Use of Science Olympiad Logo
- Alcohol Policy
- Wristband Procedures for Tournaments
- Significant Figures Policy
- Calculator Guide - new for 2020!
- Food Safety at Science Olympiad Workshops and Invitational, Regional, State and National Tournaments: Directors are only permitted to work with licensed food vendors when providing food for consumption during the event. This is for everyone's safety. Students, volunteers and teams may bring their own food for personal consumption.