Welcome to Mousetrap Vehicle! In this event, teams design, build, and test one Vehicle using one or two mousetrap(s) as its sole means of propulsion to reach a target point as accurately as possible.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
Resources & Links
- Coming soon!
SO Store & Ward's Science Materials
- Mousetrap Vehicle Digital Download DVD
- 2022 National Test Packet
- New! Official Ward's Science Science Olympiad kit for Mousetrap Vehicle
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Mousetrap Vehicle Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- 2022 Mousetrap Vehicle Track Diagram (Updated 10/21/21)
- Alternate 2022 Mousetrap Vehicle Track Diagram - Posted 12/06/21
- Score sheet and team checklist
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!