The Science Olympiad Alumni Network is comprised of past participants of the program, stretching back to when the national organization first started registering teams in 1984. Each year nearly 240,000 students join Science Olympiad teams, adding to the millions of alumni who are entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders in government, industry and academia. Over the past 39 years, Science Olympiad has touched the lives of millions of people, so reconnect, recharge and renew your passion for science. Follow us on Insta or LinkedIn.
28,000 Science Olympiad Alumni graduate from high school each year. Many go on to pursue STEM degrees in college and host Science Olympiad tournaments at their campuses through Science Olympiad College Alumni Chapters. These student-run Science Olympiad College Alumni Chapters exist on 50 campuses nationwide, with more starting each year. Map here!
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD COLLEGE ALUMNI CHAPTERS
College Alumni Chapters plan and host Science Olympiad Tournaments for local teams, where Alumni serve as Event Supervisors and Tournament Directors, bringing students to their campus for a day-long competition. In addition to planning Science Olympiad Tournaments, many Science Olympiad Alumni Chapters mentor local Science Olympiad teams and participate in other community service projects.
Current College Alumni Chapters with webpages:
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Case Western Reserve University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Golden Gate Science Olympiad (Stanford University & University of California, Berkeley)
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michigan State University
- North Carolina State University
- Northwestern University
- Penn State University - great article!
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Rice University
- Stony Brook University
- Texas A&M University
- The Ohio State University
- Trinity University
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of Chicago
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Florida
- University of Georgia
- University of Kentucky
- University of Maryland
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Yale University
Interested in forming a College Alumni Chapter on your campus? First become a registered student organization at your university, then Read the College Alumni Chapter Agreement and submit the Chapter Registration Form!
Fill out the Alumni Survey and send your information directly to the State Director in your area, or find your region on our State Websites page. Science Olympiad alumni are vital to the growth and longevity of the program!
Giving to Science Olympiad allows us to provide program services to our 50 state chapters, including professional development, scholarships, membership grants and special programs like the Urban Schools Initiative.