- Fillable Tournament Resources Spreadsheet -Once again Southern California Science Olympiad has created and made available their Tournament Resources Spreadsheet that allows a Tournament Director to enter in some basic data about their tournament and the spreadsheet will tell you the kinds and amounts of materials you will need for your tournament.
- National Invitational Instructions & Event Modifications - Event Supervisors & Tournament Directors interested in instructions and modifications made to events being run at the National Invitational Tournament to accommodate the Satellite tournament format may access them through the link provided.
- Event Supervisor Section with great info for Regional & State Tournaments
- Event Logistics Manual for the 2023 Season events - Updated 12/02/22
- State Directors interested in making bulk purchases of SkyCiv licenses for teams in their state can do so here. State Directors can learn more about SkyCiv and their Science Olympiad app here.
- Guidelines for Students with Disabilities in Science Olympiad
- Science Olympiad National Tournament Application Form
- Please complete the National Event Supervisors Nomination Form so your state is represented at the Science Olympiad National Tournament
Scoring Resources for Your Tournament
- Free download - Excel-based Scoring System for Sanctioned Science Olympiad Tournaments
- Scilympiad - Volunteer-created Tournament and Scoring Management System for Sanctioned Science Olympiad Tournaments
Food Safety at Science Olympiad Workshops and Invitational, Regional, State and National Tournaments: Directors are only permitted to work with licensed food vendors when providing food for consumption during the event. This is for everyone's safety. Students, volunteers and teams may bring their own food for personal consumption. Tournament Directors, please review the Beverage Alcohol Policy as well.
State & Invitational/Regional Director's Information Forms - Password Protected - Please obtain a Password from your State Director
All State Directors must have a State Director's Info Form on file with the national office before the start of the competition year. Form here - login required.
Every Regional or Invitational Director also needs to fill out a Regional or Invitational Director's Form for each planned Division B and/or C tournament - these forms will be online and will auto-forward to your State Director and the national office. These forms are necessary to verify that each tournament director is eligible to order medals, use copyrighted resources and receive coverage under the Science Olympiad Chapter & Club Umbrella Liability Policy for in-person, single-location events. This form should be filled out before requests for medals or insurance are sent, and each form is subject to approval. Form here - login required.
Insurance Request Forms - login required. Each host site for any sanctioned Division B and/or C Science Olympiad Invitational, Regional, State or National Tournament may fill out this form and request that a site be named as additional insured only if needed by the host site. Sanctioned tournaments with all approvals on file are automatically part of the Science Olympiad Chapter & Club Liability Policy. All requests to be named as additional insured must be preceded by an Invitational/Regional/State Tournament Director's form which is referenced above. Requests are cross-referenced against forms by our insurance company to verify that each site is sanctioned and approved by Science Olympiad.
Elementary Science Olympiad events and tournaments are generally school-sponsored activities and covered under the school's insurance policy. Science Olympiad can only provide an insurance rider for state-sponsored Elementary Science Olympiad tournaments with prior written approval of both the state and national Science Olympiad. Requests for ESO coverage must be made one year in advance of the tournament date. Please call the national office at (630) 792-1251 to request this optional coverage.
Event Logistics Manual (Updated 10/25/22 to fix an error with Can't Judge a Powder) - All tournament directors and Event Supervisors should use/share this manual for all current events - lists of supplies, numbers of volunteers and types of rooms needed. Updated for 2023!
Science Olympiad Store Help Guide for Content Downloads - 2022
Resources for Tournament Directors - Details about current 2023 rules and more!
US Olympic Committee Letter - Detailing the agreement between Science Olympiad and the USOC which enables us to use the name but not any graphics or images related to the Olympiad games such as flames, rings or torches. You must adhere to the requirements of the USOC letter, and must use the words "Science Olympiad" together at all times.
Scoring Guidelines and Score Counseling Form - Links to the page under Policies; explains how events are scored and provides a form for settling scoring disputes.
Form to Order Trophies and Medals - This macro-enabled form will allow you to order medals, and will calculate your totals and fees. Simply fill in, email and send payment. You can mail in payment, send a PO to the Science Olympiad office, or use the Store site to pay with a credit card. Look for the "Medals" line item to pay. Be sure to complete your online Regional or Invitational Director's Form before you order medals! NOTE: You do not need a password to order Invitational or Elementary Science Olympiad medals, simply click the link to this medals page and download the form. Instructional video to assemble your trophies.
Certificates - Sample Certificates of Appreciation, Participation and Excellence
Please see the online Science Olympiad Directors Manual for sample budgets, registration forms, event supervisor letters, arbitration overviews, funding and recruitment letters and media recommendations to help you plan and host an excellent Science Olympiad tournament or event.
Sample Forms - School Use forms for Satellite Science Olympiad Tournaments, COVID-19 Acknowledgement forms, and sample Medical and Photo/Video Release forms + Permission Slips - as needed
Room Size Charts (Updated for 2023!)- Recommended room type, layout, and square footage to run all 23 events in each division!
Branding Guidelines - Please review the appropriate use of the Science Olympiad name and mark in this handy manual.
Copyright Information - Basic copyright statements for all Science Olympiad resources as well as a Contributor Acknowledgement of Ownership of Rights.
Rotation Charts - These planning documents will help you see the future of Science Olympiad events in chart form.