Welcome to Remote Sensing! In this event, students will use remote sensing imagery, data and computational process skills to complete tasks related to climate change processes in the Earth system.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by Lockheed Martin.
Resources & Links
- Official Rules Clarification - Posted 10/1/21
Science Olympiad Store Materials
- Remote Sensing Starter Pack - New for 2022!
- Earth Sciences Starter Stack - All the 2022 Earth Science Events!
Practice Problems & Tests
- 2022 info coming soon!
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Remote Sensing Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual - Updated for 2022 with new information concerning COVID-19 precautions, running the event in Satellite and mini SO tournament formats, and more tips on the event!
- CareerOneStop - Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists Career Video
- STEM Expo Talk: Dr. Peter Neff - "Teamwork and Understanding Ice on a Warming Earth"
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook: Surveying and Mapping Technicians
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook: Atmospheric Scientists