Welcome to Remote Sensing! In this event, participants will use remote sensing imagery, data, and computational process skills to complete tasks related to climate change processes in the Earth system.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
Resources & Links
- Coming soon!
Science Olympiad Store Materials
Practice Problems & Tests
- Practice Test - 2021 UT Austin Invitational
- Practice Test - 2021 BirdSO Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 National Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 SOLVI Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 MIT Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 Northwestern Invitational
- Practice Test - 2022 UChicago Invitational
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Remote Sensing Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- CareerOneStop - Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists Career Video
- STEM Expo Talk: Dr. Peter Neff - "Teamwork and Understanding Ice on a Warming Earth"
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook: Surveying and Mapping Technicians
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook: Atmospheric Scientists