Explore Careers at the University of Delaware!
Explore Careers at the University of Delaware
Applied science lives here
If you like your science hands-on, the University of Delaware College of Agriculture and Natural Resources is the place for you. Nestled into our cozy, 350-acre nook of a campus, we have so many fantastic outdoor spaces, labs and demonstration areas to give you that applied, hands-on education you want.
Watch the October STEM Session on Forestry with University of Delaware faculty:
- Explore Applied Science Careers in the Environment, Agriculture, and Natural Resources with the University of Delaware, view recording here.
Tour the University of Delaware College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Take a peek at our scientific laboratories, greenhouses, animal facilities, woods, wetlands and apiaries - all right on UD's main campus in Newark, Delaware. Learn all about our outstanding undergraduate programs and schedule an individual visit or visit the campus during a Blue and Golden Open House (9/24/22, 10/8/22, and 10/29/22).
Fulfill your scientific destiny
UD's alumni's careers take them to destinations around the world as they apply problem-solving skills learned at UD to professional pursuits such as:
- Diagnosing plant diseases
- Interpreting big data
- Designing equitable and sustainable food systems
- Marketing cutting-edge agricultural products
- Building productive green spaces to complement urban architecture
- Protecting endangered animals and critical landscapes
- Finding smart ways to optimize human, animal and ecosystem health
Many UD students attend veterinary colleges - with an acceptance rate twice the national average - while others enter highly ranked graduate programs or go on to prestigious careers in government and private industry. More than 95 percent of recent graduates are securing jobs in their field of study with competitive starting salaries. University of Delaware Blue Hens are everywhere!
Discover our majors
- Wildlife ecology and conservation
- Insect ecology and conservation
- Pre-veterinary medicine
- Food science
- Animal biosciences
- Animal science
- Environmental and resource economics
- Sustainable food systems
- Plant science
- Agricultural and natural resources
- Food and agribusiness marketing and management
- Landscape architecture
Reach out and learn more
Noel H. Wolhar
UD College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
More from the University of Delaware & Science Olympiad:
Explore Food Science Virtual Workshop: Learn more about Food Science in a special Science Olympiad-hosted webinar. University of Delaware professors, college students and professionals join Science Olympiad experts to share insights into Food Science college and career pathways. Watch the workshop video!