Welcome to Wifi Lab! In this event, teams must construct an antenna device prior to the tournament that is designed to transmit a signal at 2.4 GHz and complete a written test on the principles of electromagnetic wave propagation.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
Resources & Links
- Official Rules Clarification - Posted 10/21/21
- Official Rules Clarification - Posted 11/29/21
- WiFi Lab Transmitter Construction & Setup Guide - (New 10/21/21) Follow the instructions here to create a WiFi Lab transmitter that meets event specifications to test your device. This transmitter can also be used by Event Supervisors at tournaments.
Science Olympiad Store Materials
- WiFi Lab Digital Download DVD
- 2019 National Test Packet - National test from the last time the event was in rotation!
Practice Problems & Tests
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Wifi Lab Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Score sheet and team checklist
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!
- Science Olympiad Mathematics Guidelines for Physics Events - The Science Olympiad Physics Rules Committee has prepared these guidelines to help Event Supervisors target their questions to the mathematical ability that students bring to the events. This information may be useful to teams as they assign team members to Physics Events as well as they prepare for those events.