Write It CAD It
Welcome to Write It CAD It! In this trial event, one participant will write a description of an object and how to build it. The other participant will attempt to construct the object in a computer-aided design (CAD) software from this description.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2023 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by Onshape.
Resources & Links
- Event Rules for 2022-2023 Divisions B & C
- FREE Onshape for Education Program - Science Olympiad teams, sign up now!
- Intro to CAD - Free lessons in the Onshape Learning Center
- Try these Self-Paced Courses for a DIY certification!
- Onshape Getting Started Guide for Science Olympiad - step-by-step guide on how to set up a FREE account and more
- 5-min. watch > Video - OnShape Assembly for Write It CAD It
- NEW! Webinar Recording - A webinar on January 17, 2023 at 3pm was offered by Onshape for Science Olympiad students and coaches on WICI and how to incorporate CAD into other SO engineering events like Wheeled Vehicle, Scrambler, Bridge and Flight.
- Webinar Recording - A webinar on February 3, 2022 was offered by Onshape for Science Olympiad students and coaches. Learn from an Onshape expert and Science Olympiad alum how you can set your team up for success by incorporating fully-online CAD.
Practice Problems & Tests
- Practice Test - 2021 BirdSO Invitational Division B
- Practice Test - 2022 National Invitational Division B
- Practice Test - 2021 BirdSO Invitational Division C
- Practice Test - 2022 National Invitational Division C
- Practice Test - 2022 SOLVI Invitational Division C