Write It CAD It
Welcome to Write It CAD It! In this trial event, one participant will write a description of an object and how to build it. The other participant will attempt to construct the object in a computer-aided design (CAD) software from this description.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by Onshape.
Resources & Links
- Event Rules for 2021-2022 Divisions B & C
- Possible CAD Programs for Write It CAD It
- Onshape Getting Started Guide for Science Olympiad
- Video - OnShape Assembly for Write It CAD It
- Webinar Registration - Use the link to register for a free webinar on February 3, 2022 at 3:00 PM (ET) being offered by Onshape for Science Olympiad students and coaches. Learn from an Onshape expert and Science Olympiad alum how you can set your team up for success by incorporating fully-online CAD.