Write It Do It
Welcome to Write It Do It! In this event, one participant will write a description of an object and how to build it. The other participant will attempt to construct the object from this description.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
RESOURCES & LINKS
Science Olympiad Store Resources
- 2022 National Test Packet
- 2021 National Test Packet
- 2020 National Test Packet
- 2019 National Test Packet
- 2018 National Test Packet
PRACTICE PROBLEMS & TESTS
- Practice Test - 2021 UT Austin Invitational
EVENT SUPERVISOR RESOURCES
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Write It Do It Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!
- CareerOneStop - Technical Writers
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook: Technical Writers
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - You're a What? Grant Writers
- STEM Expo Talk: Jordann Brandner - How I Use the Skills I Learned in Science Olympiad Every Day