Expand STEM Skills with Yale Young Global Scholars
The Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program that brings together students from over 125+ countries and all 50 US States for two-week sessions on Yale's campus in New Haven. During YYGS, students attend lectures by Yale faculty, as well as small seminars taught by Yale undergraduates and graduate students. STEM students also work in capstone project groups to identify a global problem facing the world today, conduct rigorous background research, and propose impactful solutions to their peers and instructors. This summer YYGS will offer STEM sessions in Applied Science & Engineering and Biological & Biomedical Sciences.
Need-based financial aid is available, and YYGS encourages students from all backgrounds to apply!
New Early Action Deadline: November 12, 2019 at 11:59PM ET
Regular Decision Deadline: January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM ET
Session 1 - June 21 - July 3
- Biological & Biomedical Science (BBS I)
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC I)
- Politics, Law & Economics (PLE I)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC I)
Session 2 - July 5 - July 17
- Biological & Biomedical Science (BBS II)
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC II)
- Politics, Law & Economics (PLE II)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC II)
Session 3 - July 19 - July 31
- Applied Science & Engineering (ASE III)
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC III)
- Politics, Law & Economics (PLE III)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC III)
Yale University is home to the Yale University Science Olympiad Student Club and hosts the Yale Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament.