Expand STEM Skills with Yale Young Global Scholars
The Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program that brings together students from all over the world for two-week sessions on Yale's campus in New Haven or the Yale Center Beijing in China. In all YYGS sessions, students attend lectures by Yale faculty, as well as smaller seminars taught by Yale undergraduates and graduate students. Students also work in capstone project groups to identify a global problem facing the world today, conduct rigorous background research, and propose impactful solutions to their peers and instructors. Need-based financial aid is available and YYGS encourages students from all backgrounds to apply. Apply by February 6, 2019.
Science Olympiad participants! Be sure to check the "Science Olympiad" box when asked where you found out about YYGS!
New for 2019 - YYGS is now offering sessions in the humanities, and plans to offer nine summer sessions on Yale's campus in New Haven as well as a summer session at Yale Center Beijing in China:
- YYGS Beijing: Asia in the 21st Century (ATC) July 28 - August 10
Additional and Returning Sessions include:
- Applied Science & Engineering (ASE) June 16 - June 29
- International Affairs & Globalization (IAG) June 16 - June 29
- Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship (SDSE) June 16 - June 29
- Frontiers of Science & Technology (FST) July 7 - July 20
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC) July 7 - July 20
- Politics, Law & Economics (PLE) July 7 - July 20
- Biology & Biomedical Science (BBS) July 28 - August 10
- Creative Arts & Media (CAM) July 28 - August 10
- Politics, Law & Economics (PLE) July 28 - August 10
Yale University is home to the Yale University Science Olympiad Student Club and hosts the Yale Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament.