The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The 2018 emphasis is on Food Borne Illness. Educators - find out how to become a Science Ambassador.
- Disease Detectives CD
- New for 2018! Biology & Earth Science CD (containng DD info)
- Science Olympiad Digital Test Packets (PDF Downloads)
- CDC Science Olympiad page
- 2018 Power Point
- 2018 Internet Resources
- 2018 Handout
- 2018 Exam Tips
- 2018 Sample Tournament - New!
- Event Supervisor Tips - SO Website Section - A Must-Read before running the event!
- Food-Borne Illness Chart from the FDA
Links from the CDC
- CDC Principles of Public Health Online Textbook
- World Health Organization 2nd Edition Online Textbook - Basic Epidemiology
- CDC Solve the Outbreak (iPad only) App - FREE!
- CDC Website on Environmental Health
- Disease Detectives Event Info
- Teacher Resource Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly
- NCEH Kids Page - Virus Encounters
- Science Ambassador Program - Lesson Plans and more
General Disease Detectives Links
- Principles of Epidemiology (CDC Online introduction to epidemiology textbook)
- Epiville (Outbreak Simulation Columbia University)
- Montclair State University - Middle School Epidemiology Curriculum
- John Snow - UCLA site
- University of Pittsburgh Epidemiology Super course Website
- Population Growth Concerns
- Ecology of Increasing Disease
- Outbreak at Watershed (Online Game)
- Science Mystery (Online Game)