Below you'll find a variety of resources to help you act as an Event Supervisor at a Science Olympiad Invitational, Regional, State or National Tournament. For more information about your State Science Olympiad Organization, see our list of 50 State websites. All supervisors should be familiar with the Code of Ethics and General Rules, Scoring Policies and should review the Scoring Best Practices document.
Interested in becoming an Event Supervisor? Fill out an application here!
Event Logistics Manual - Essential information table with specs on room type needed, estimated hours of preparation time, minimum suggested supplies to run the event, the number of helpers neded and any comments from the National Rules Committee Chairs. 2019 version coming soon!
If you are an Event Supervisor for a Science Olympiad tournament, make sure you are working off the official event rules from the current year's manual - for the 2018-2019 competition year, you must use the new 2019 Division B and Division C Rules Manuals. You can obtain a free copy of the online Rules Manual in the Science Olympiad Store as of 9.4.18. Print copies are still available for sale in the Store.
Each of the individual Science Olympiad event pages on this main Science Olympiad site contains Power Points, Training Handouts, Sample Score Sheets and other valuable free resources that you can use to understand each Science Olympiad event. Many event pages also contain links to Event Supervisor Guides. Please use the resources below to help prepare for your events. You may also view 1-minute video clips of events on our YouTube Science Olympiad TV Channel.
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Alignment for all 46 Events
Scoring Resources for Your Tournament
- Free download - Excel-based Scoring System for Sanctioned Science Olympiad Tournaments
- Free download - Tournament and Scoring Management System for Sanctioned Science Olympiad Tournaments - new for 2019!
Score Sheets and Team Checklists for Tech/Engineering + Physics Events - All on one page with the most updated version for 2019
- Battery Buggy B
- Boomilever B/C
- Circuit Lab B/C
- Density Lab B
- Elastic Launched Glider B
- Mission Possible C
- Mousetrap Vehicle C
- Roller Coaster B
- Sounds of Music C
- Thermodynamics B/C
- Wright Stuff C
Supervisor Guides and Sample Items
Anatomy & Physiology Division B & C Division Event Supervisor Guide for 2018
See the Anatomy & Physiology, Ecology, Disease Detectives, Herpetology and Microbe Mission Pages for Sample Tests that can be viewed to prepare your own original tests for tournaments - use as a sample only! (Posted late fall each year)
Astronomy Division C
- Sample Image Sets, Tests, Answer Sheets & Keys for 2017 Maryland Regional, 2017 MIT Invitational, 2017 Golden Gate Invitational
- 2017 National Cathedral Invitational Sample Image Set, Test, Answer Sheet and Key
- 2016 Annotated Sample State-Level Test with Instructions
- 2016 Annotated Sample Regional-Level Test with Instructions
- 2016 Regional-Invitational Image Sets
- 2015 Astronomy Answer Pages
- 2015 Astronomy Answer Key
- Webinars from NASA/Harvard's Chandra X-Ray Observatory
Preparing Solutions for Science Olympiad Bio/Chem Events
Disease Detectives Divisions B & C Event Supervisor Guide for 2018
Herpetology Divisions B & C Event Supervisor Guide for 2018
Microbe Mission Divisions B & C Event Supervisor Guide for 2018
Webinars from NASA/Harvard's Chandra X-Ray Observatory
Using Data Collection Technology in Science Olympiad Events