Welcome to Gravity Vehicle! In this event, teams design, build and test one Vehicle and Ramp that uses the Vehicle's gravitational potential energy as its sole means of propulsion to reach a target as quickly and accurately as possible.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by Lockheed Martin.
Resources & Links
SO Store & Ward's Science Materials
- Gravity Vehicle Digital Download DVD
- 2022 National Test Packet
- New! Official Ward's Science Science Olympiad kit for Gravity Vehicle
Practice Problems & Tests
- 2022 info coming soon
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Gravity Vehicle Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Score sheet and team checklist
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!