The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously sponsored by Orkin.
Resources and Links
- Official 2017 Invasive Species List (PDF) - same as 2016
- 2017 Invasive Species Power Point - New!
- 2017 Training Handout - Posted 11/21/16
- 2017 Sample Test - Posted 11/21/16
- 2017 Event Supervisor Guide
- Taxonomy CD containing Invasive Species info in the Science Olympiad Store
- 2017 Bio-Earth Science CD in Science Olympiad Store - New!
- Invasive Species 2016 Handout - Tips on Making Your Binder
- Orkin Pest Library
- Orkin Learning Center - info on Stink Bugs, Pest ID Guide, Guide to Dangerous Pests and Termite 101 plus Bug Blog
- Orkin Science Olympiad Resources - New!
- 2016 Invasive Species Power Point
- 2016 Handout
- 2016 Sample Tournament
Note: If a state will be testing Science Olympiad teams on local/regional Invasive Species, the state Science Olympiad program must post their State Official List by November 1, 2016.
- Invasive Species Info Site - State Resources from USDA
- Invasive Species Resource Library from USDA
- Department of the Interior - National Invasive Species Council
- USGS Invasive Species Program
- US Fish & Wildlife Service Info
- US Fish & Wildlife Service State Offices
- US Fish & Wildlife Service Prevention Video - Playing Smart Against Invasive Species
- Aquatic Nuisance Species Task Force
- Protect Your Waters
- Habitattitude Program Info
- 100th Meridian Initiative
- Zebra Mussel Action Plan
- EPA Invasive Species
- EPA Agency List by State
- US Forest Service Program
- Early Detection and Mapping System
- Center for Invasive Species
- Don't Move Firewood
- Federal Interagency Committee for Management of Noxious Plants
- County Cooperative Extension Offices