The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously sponsored by Lockheed Martin -- Gold Medal winners at the 2011 National Tournament will receive cash scholarship awards. For those who are interested, there is a Sumo Bots DVD available in the Science Olympiad Store!
- How to Get Started in Sumo Bots
- Information on Frequencies from the New York Science Olympiad web site (PDF)
- Link to PPT from the New York Science Olympiad Coaching Workshop - 2011
- How to make a simple measuring box for Science Olympiad devices - instructions/photos (PDF)
- Science Olympiad Student Center Photo Gallery of Sumo Bots
- Science Olympiad Student Center Sumo Bots Topic Forum
National Tournament 2011 Note on Set-Up for Sumo Bots: There will be two rings used for Sumo Bots. Each ring will be made from 3/4" cabinet-grade plywood with a coating of polyurethane.