Welcome to Bridge! In this event, teams will design and build a Bridge (Structure) meeting requirement specified in these rules to achieve the highest structural efficiency.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by SkyCiv.
RESOURCES & LINKS
- New! Official Ward's Science Science Olympiad kit for Bridge
- 2022 Bridge Template
- 2022 Bridge Construction & Test YouTube video
- 2022 Bridge Test Base Diagram
- 2022 Bridge Loading Block & Sticks Diagram
- Balsa gluing techniques
- Bridge basics
- Free bridge design software
- Types of wood joints
- SkyCiv Structural Engineering software for Science Olympiad!
- Simulate forces and stresses, enabling better prototyping and more efficient designs
- Includes a Science Olympiad app with a Competition mode to support the Digital Structures event
- Watch a walk through from SkyCiv on how to design and test your device virtually using their software
- Science Olympiad teams get 8 months of access for the greatly reduced rate of $50 per team.
- Use this link to purchase and learn more.
EVENT SUPERVISOR RESOURCES
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Bridge Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Score sheet and team checklist
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 01/05/22 - made a minor edit to Food Science and added the updated ceiling height modifiers for the Flight events) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!